Saturday, March 13, 2010

Economy is more important than our health.

How much do we really know about what we consume ? To be honest ,who really knows the complete background and detail about every single item you purchase in a supermarket. All we really go by is what the labels and nutritional facts say, but more than half of the consumers have no clue about what their reading.I personally thought i was extremely knowledgeable about my health and the things i consume, but watching the movie "Food Inc" was a real eye opener. The movie really scared me and made question every single thing that's in my refrigerator. It also made me question the governments involvement in making sure all these products are healthy for consumers to purchase.Then it hit me,i am truly unaware about every item i consume.From the water i drink to the pharmaceuticals i take , i truly have no idea about whats going in my body ,all i know is that someone or some commercials says its healthy.And to be honest Ive gotten use to somebody telling me whats good and whats bad .So in the long haul , if my health desiccates,im the one to blame.Because i have to time for everything in the world.From going out clubbing, to working out or taking my girlfriend to romantic dinners , i find time for everything except for whats really important, which is my health.But in today's economy , where resources are scarce, isn't investing in cheap and fast meal the more logical and wise decision to follow? I like to believe that the existence of the dollar menu is like a gift and a curse.A gift because in today's economy most people cant really afford a well balanced meal and a curse because its highly unhealthy.So it ultimately comes down to the individuals who really care about their health because if people keep purchasing cheap meals and being nonchalant about their health , these fast food places will never going out of business. I take pride in what i consume and the way i take care of my body and soul.The movie "Food Inc" gave me more of a reason to watch what eat and i am so thankful for the opportunity to be able acquire very important knowledge from the film that could one day my save my life.

1 comment:

  1. This was a very moving entry. I really like your openness and sincerity.

    ReplyDelete